I was completely surprised and flattered and honoured when I saw that The Friendly Bookworm nominated me for a Very Inspiring Blogger award because let’s face it, that’s crazy! So thank you thank you thank you to the Friendly Bookworm for thinking my blog worthy.
But I’m assuming this comes with some kind of shiny trophy or crown, so I’m totally going to accept it and follow the rules. What’s that? There’s no crown? Well that’s a bummer but I’ve gone too far now!
1) Thank and link the amazing person who nominated you.
2) List the rules and display the award.
3) Share seven facts about yourself.
4) Nominate any number of other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
5) Optional: Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Seven Facts About Me
- I have loads of siblings. Eight of them in fact: 3 sister and 5 brothers. All of them are younger than me. That means I’m in charge.
- My name is spelled Eva but pronounced Ava. It makes me homicidal when people say my name wrong repeatedly. Like, you obviously get a free pass one time because I get it, I live in North America and it’s not spelled like Ava here. But once I correct you or you’ve heard it and you still say it wrong, I’m going to have to hurt you.
- I’m the easiest person in the world to buy a present for. If it’s my birthday, you can be sure that I will be THRILLED with nail polish or a book. Easy peasy.
- I’m addicted to instagram. I seriously have to stop myself from looking at it all the time, especially right after I post a new picture.
- I hate mushrooms.
- The first thing I do when I move is paint the walls. All the walls.
- I have a German Shepherd called Henrik who I treat like my child. He’s totally spoiled but also has excellent manners and I adore him. He’s the best cuddler when I read.
- Karen @ One More Page – her enthusiasm for and love of reading is infectious. I love the passion she brings to her blog (and twitter and instagram!)
- Lindsay @ Reeder Reads – she works in the publishing industry and gives such a great insider’s perspective on all things reading. I also LOVE her Document Your Life videos every month.
- Wendy @ Wensend – I admire her blog for her willingness to talk about all the things that are going on in her life as well as her great reviews. She can read in a number of languages so hers is always a great blog for some books that you might not run into otherwise.
- Holly and Amanda @ Gun in Act One – these sisters are hilarious discussing a wide range of genres. Their voice is distinct and irreverent and I just love reading their posts.
- Naomi @ Consumed by Ink – I’m woefully underread when it comes to Canadian Lit so I need people like Naomi to remind me of all the reading treasures we have in this great country of ours.
I’m looking forward to seeing who else gets nominated so that I have more great blogs to check out! Thanks again to The Friendly Bookworm!
20 thoughts on “What the What? Nominated for a Very Inspiring Blogger Award?!”
I am also the oldest child in my family! I only have 2 brothers though. Got nothing on you! Glad you took the time to fill this out 🙂
2 brothers sounds so calm! Although actually it’s the sisters you have to watch out for.
I was spared of that thankfully 😛 It’s kind of funny actually since I am the only girl child in the family my dad refers to me simply as “Princess”. Something tells me that would not have happened if I had any sisters…..
So deserving!!! And I’m glad to know how to pronounce your name. I have the same pet peeve and you can bet my name has been pronounces every way imaginable. I have two colleagues who habitually say it wrong and I’m just plain tired of correcting them.
It’s the WORST. You feel like such a douche for correcting people but it’s so horrible to hear it wrong all the time. There’s a point where it becomes offensive, like they can’t be bothered to say your name wrong. Jens and Sarahs just don’t get it.
Right on Eva! It’s so disrespectful.
Thanks so much for the nice shout-out! We love to be called irreverent – ha! For the record, I resent your implication that the oldest sibling is in charge 🙂
That’s fair. But as an older sibling I have to say, that you’re wrong. You think you’re in charge, but only because your older sibling allows that!
I also think I’m the easiest person to buy for- you have competition! And I’m jealous of your German Shephard. :). Thanks for the nomination!!
I’m not sure anyone has ever competed with me for that title! My German shepherd is the best, life is so much better with him.
Thank you for the nomination! And wow – I can’t imagine having 8 siblings! It must have been a busy household growing up! Ps. Glad to know the correct pronunciation of your name!
Congratulations!! You deserve all the awards you get! -Tania
Also, when people call me Tawnia instead of Tania, it drives me batty 🙂
I don’t blame you! I don’t know why it’s so hard for some people to say other people’s names correctly. I’m glad I know which way it goes for yours now.
8 other brothers and sisters?! Holy crap. My mom’s the youngest of 10, so I know a thing or two about big families, but wow! Always amazing to hear about someone else with a big family nowadays. That’s pretty rad!
It’s definitely not that common!
I totally get the name thing. My name is pronounced Tonya/ Taanya and I hate being called TAnya. Like TAnya Tucker. Ugh.
I just wish more people were aware of different pronunciations and ASKED what the right one was.
And Eva/Ava/Ewa can go so many different ways.
Tell me about it.