Part of book blogging is participating in this wonderful little corner of the internet that is all about the book love. Which is why when Chelsea @ Chels And A Book tagged me to participate in the TBR Book Tag, I was ready to give ‘er. Chelsea herself doesn’t know where the tag originated, so if it was you that started it, we’re sorry, please take the credit!
Not too many rules – I’m going to answer some questions and then I will tag some peeps to participate. Or I won’t. I live on the edge like that.
- How do you keep track of your TBR Pile? Let me count the ways! I have a handy little agenda that I carry around with me where I write down books to read, as well as logging the books read. I also have a log on Goodreads and on the 50BookPledge.ca I have a book journal as well that has pages full of TBRs. And also here.
- Is your TBR mostly print or e-book? Like Chelsea, I’m not down with the e-reading. All print all the time.
- How do you determine which book from your TBR to read next? I think most readers are mood readers – we pick our next book based on what we feel like reading in that moment. This year I’m doing the TBR Pile Challenge so there is a smaller TBR list within my TBR list that does need to get read and I’m trying to read one of the books on that list each month. Same goes for the Anne of Green Gables Readalong.
- A book that’s been on your TBR the longest? The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell.
- A book you recently added to your TBR? Ghettoside: A True Story of Murder in America by Jill Leovy.
- A TBR on your list strictly because of it’s beautiful cover? I’m rarely seduced by cover art anymore. I’ve been burned too many times. The version of my TBR List that I visit most often, is the one I carry around so I forget what they look like.
- A book on your TBR that you never plan on reading? The Steve Jobs biography! I just don’t think I care enough about the man to spend the time with that book.
- An unpublished book on your TBR that you’re excited for? Dead Wake: The Last Crossing of the Lusitania by Erik Larson because no one writes non-fiction like Erik Larson!
- A book on your TBR that basically everyone has read but you? We Were Liars by E. Lockhart. I think it’s probably a good one to save for the summer.
- A book on your TBR list that everyone recommends to you? I don’t get people recommending books to me that often. I’m the recommender.
- A book on your TBR that you’re dying to read? When Books Went to War: The Stories that Helped Us Win World War II by Molly Guptill Manning
- How many books are on your Goodreads TBR shelf? 109! So apparently I’ve been adding a bunch!
OK I tag the following:
Holly AND Amanda @ Gun in Act One
Naomi @ Consumed by Ink
Karen @ One More Page
Jennine @ My Life in Books